I haven’t been doing much in the way of crafts for the last little while, but I have been coming across different projects that have gotten me quite inspired and wanting to get back into doing more sewing 🙂
- The Circle Skirt Sew Along being hosted by Casey at Elegant Musings whose button is also on my sidebar as I am taking part in this sew along. It will be my first project that involves a zipper!
- Jane Austen’s Sewing Box : Craft Projects & Stories from Jane Austen’s Novels by Jennifer Forrest. This book is one I found at the library and found it really interesting. It looks at the role sewing played in the lives of women in the Regency period in which Jane Austen lived and gives you quite a few projects which were common for the time period with supply lists and instructions for you to have a try of. I’m especially wanting to make the huswife and the workbag as they look really sweet.
- A wall hanging kit I got at the Craft and Quilt fair called Hidden secrets No.3 by Anne Gadsby Designs which I promised to do for a friend, it would also be my first time trying fussy cutting for a quilt project too.
- I’d really like to make the Beatrix Potter skirt from Sense and Sensibility patterns range as well as a Button necklace from the button necklace crochet pattern (even though it’s not really a sewing project I still want to add it here)
- I also realised that I have quite a lot of fabric bits/pieces/fat quarters/leftovers in my blanket chest that would make some very nice little quilts/hangings/cushions/table mats…. so hopefully i’ll see something to help me use up some of my stash 😀
I wouldn’t call this a to do list as that would make all these wonderful projects sound like chores and I don’t feel they are. Hopefully I will be able to make some progress through this Project Catalogue and get some of the finished items up here on the blog. Does anyone else have any projects they want to put into their own Project Catalogue?